Swiftsure Racer Key Dates 2020
(Some events are still in the planning stages and more information may be added later)
ALL COURSES unless otherwise stated:
- Thursday, January 2 – Notices of Race posted to Swiftsure website.
- Thursday, January 2 – Registration Opens – Early Bird Registration Rates apply.
- Friday, April 24 midnight – Early Bird Registration Rate Period Ends.
- Saturday, April 25 – Friday, May 15 Regular Registration Rates apply.
- Monday, May 11 – Sailing Instructions posted to Swiftsure website.
- Monday, May 11 – Final date to order Personalized Online Garments in time for Swiftsure.
- Friday, May 15 at 1700 – Final date/time for competitor initiated rating changes.
- Friday, May 15 at 1700 – Final date/time to withdraw and receive fees refund less $20.
- Friday, May 15 at 1700 – Final date for requests for competitors to request change of race to be sailed.
- Thursday, May 21 from 1400 to 1800 hours and Friday, May 22 from 1000 to 1800 hours Swiftsure Centre Open for Skipper Check-In in the tent at the foot of the ramp on the Causeway Docks.
- Thursday May 21 Storm Coast Dive Services available dockside – Call 250.732.4061 for appointment.
- Friday, May 22 at 1400 at the Distrikt, Strathcona Hotel:
- Seminar with International Chief Judge Mike Turner;
- Skippers’ Meeting/Weather & Current Briefing;
- Swiftsure Four Long Courses 2019 Awards Ceremony
- Friday, May 22 – Pre-race dock party at the Causeway Docks 7:00 to 9:30 – Live Music and Swiftsure Amber Ale
- Saturday, May 23 – Swiftsure 2020 Races begin; first of 4 starts for the Four Long Courses at 0900 followed by the start of the Inshore Classic
- Saturday, May 23 – Inshore Race no host barbecue, prize-giving and Silent Auction at the Royal Victoria Yacht Club after the finish of the Inshore Classic races
- Saturday, May 23 – Free moorage at the Royal Victoria Yacht Club for racing boats in the Inshore Classic races
- Monday, May 25 at 0600 Time Limit for all Long Course Races