Skippers are advised to study the Public Port of Victoria Traffic Scheme prior to entry. All boats must adhere to Transport Canada regulations. The Port Authority has stepped up their game and will be actively patrolling the Inner Harbour.
Non-Canadian skippers should check the CBSA website for the most update information or have contacted the 1-800 461-9999 Information line. Skippers are required to download the ArriveCAN app and fill in the information for each crew member. Failure to do that will slow down entry.
CBSA is aware that they will be busy. The decision whether to clear US boats and crew by phone is generally done on a case by case basis. US boats will be cleared at the customs dock located on the south side of the Middle Harbour at Raymur Point. Phone 1-888-226-7277.
Swiftsure will have a RIB named Beeker patrolling the outer harbour and with their VHF on Channel 9.
- Please change to Channel 9 as you enter the harbour.
- After obtaining your boat LOA and draft the crew on Beeker will relay that information to the crew on the docks.
- As you enter the inner harbour the deeper draft boats usually go towards the A, or B or C docks (to your port as you enter).
- Shallower boats to towards F or G on the south side (towards the Parliament building).
- Once tied to the dock, the check in desk is on the east side near the ramp leading to shore.