All notices to competitors will be updated throughout the 2018 race.
OFFICIAL NOTICE BOARD
2018 cruise ship movements are in Greater Victoria Harbour Authority’s Cruise Schedule.
Arrivals, departures at Ogden Point off Victoria’s waterfront on Saturday, May 24 through Monday, May 31:
|Port||Date||Cruise Ship||Cruise Line||Arrival – Depart|
|Victoria||24-May-2018||Explorer Of The Seas||Royal Caribbean||09:00-18:00|
|Victoria||31-May-2018||Explorer Of The Seas||Royal Caribbean||09:00-18:00|
- starting at page 8 of Canada Shipping Act
Washington State law re Orcas
Washington State Law, RCW 77.15.740 makes it illegal to:
- Cause a vessel or other object to approach, in any manner, within two hundred yards of a southern resident orca whale
- Position a vessel to be in the path of a southern resident orca whale at any point located within four hundred yards of the whale. This includes intercepting a southern resident orca whale by positing a vessel so that the prevailing wind or water current carries the vessel into the path of the whale at any point located within four hundred yards of the whale
- Fail to disengage the transmission of a vessel that is within two hundred yards of a southern resident orca whale; or
- Feed a southern resident orca whale.