Notices to Competitors will be updated throughout the 2019 race.
OFFICIAL NOTICE BOARD – SWIFTSURE 2019
Race Committee 2019
Alternate Sail Numbers:
Changes to Yachts in the race at May 24:
Name, Sail Number, Race, Reason for Change
2019 DRAFT cruise ship movements from Greater Victoria Harbour Authority’s Cruise Schedule.
Arrivals, departures at Ogden Point off Victoria’s waterfront on Saturday, May 25 through Monday, May 27:
|Port||2019 Date||Cruise Ship||Arrival – Depart|
|Victoria||25-May||SEVEN SEAS MARINER 709’||09:00-18:00|
|Victoria||25-May||OOSTERDAM 936’||18:00 23:30|
|Victoria||25-May||STAR PRINCESS 950’||19:00 23:59|
|Victoria||25-May||NORWEGIAN BLISS 1070’||19:30 23:59|
|Victoria||27-May||CARNIVAL LEGEND 963’||19:30 23:59|
- starting at page 8 of Canada Shipping Act
Washington State law re Orcas
Washington State Law, RCW 77.15.740 makes it illegal to:
- Cause a vessel or other object to approach, in any manner, within two hundred yards of a southern resident orca whale
- Position a vessel to be in the path of a southern resident orca whale at any point located within four hundred yards of the whale. This includes intercepting a southern resident orca whale by positing a vessel so that the prevailing wind or water current carries the vessel into the path of the whale at any point located within four hundred yards of the whale
- Fail to disengage the transmission of a vessel that is within two hundred yards of a southern resident orca whale; or
- Feed a southern resident orca whale.